The age-old question. Should you build an in-house marketing team? Or hire an advertising agency?
You need to stretch critical marketing dollars, and you don’t want mediocre results for your brand. Businesses large and small often ponder this decision.
But how can an advertising agency help you?
Would they even know where to start?
That’s where the right advertising agency can make all the difference. The Infinite Agency has helped hundreds of brands achieve success and improve their bottom line with strategic brand and marketing campaigns. While you may think we’re slightly biased, there are some pretty good reasons why it may be a good idea for brands to put their trust in an agency.
More BrainPower Equals More Efficiency
Partnering with an agency means you become “the expert” at your company. As a brand manager, my number one goal is to bring plans, strategies and creative execution to my clients and make sure they look good in their meetings. That means arming them with plenty of information that can back up any decision (creative or not) they have to defend to their team and bosses.
It doesn’t end there.
I have a whole team behind me supporting me with facts, recommendations, insights, and POVs that I can share with the brands I manage. There is power in numbers and hiring an agency team gives clients more brainpower.
Powerful Marketing Tools
Agencies like us have expensive tech stacks at our disposal that can save brands hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. For instance, Infinite has subscriptions to the following services, just to name a few:
- Tap Analytics
- Mosaic Analytics
Experts In Every Field
Infinite employs and partners with people who are specialists in different marketing principles and tactics. Brands – large and small – can leverage this expertise without having to incur the cost of hiring each of these positions in house. The Infinite Agency has plenty of coverage in the following disciplines: Copywriting, Art/Design, Photography, Video Production, Content Creation, Digital Strategy, Media Buying, SEO/SEM, Brand Management, Project Management, and Brand Planning to name a few.
With an agency, brands gain a new perspective. We fight for the voice of the consumer and create plans that help us reach them in new ways. Sometimes brand teams and business owners need someone with this new perspective and expertise (who is not in the weeds at their company) to ask questions and create a plan to grow their brand, without the risk of getting a self-serving or biased answer. Remember, objectiveness creates the best work.
Save on Media Rates
It is a common myth from brands that by “going direct” for media buys, you can save money in agency fees and stretch advertising dollars further. In reality, there are significant inefficiencies associated with this strategy.
- The media buying world is complicated and every platform is selling you why you should spend all of your money with them. Ad agencies not only have buying power and relationships with media outlets but also the expertise in planning to give you more effective reach and frequency. We have access to numerous platforms that help us reach your audience efficiently. We use those relationships to help get you the best media rates.
- Our agency is not under pressure to meet sales goals or quotas so we are genuinely looking out for your best interest. Negotiating takes a lot of time and the back-and-forth communication that the agency takes off your plate will save you time and ultimately, money.
- Agencies have preferred rates with vendors. Most media networks are charging you the premium that they would be sharing with their media buyer if you go direct. Using an agency to help plan and buy your media gives you access to better plans for a more effective rate.
Your Success is Our Success
There is nothing more important to The Infinite Agency than seeing our clients succeed. It is how we stay in business. It is how we get paid salaries. It is what we truly care about, deep in our DNA.
Sometimes that passion is hard to find in internal teams who may be burnt out from the mundane everyday challenges they face brand-side.
- We, as an agency, do not charge for the number of ads we sell or utilize a commission-based model, so we are eager to make the best choices for clients based on the situation at hand. If we have to have 5 rounds of creative to get it right, we will.
- Having a retainer with an agency is much cheaper than paying on a project by project basis and ensures you have a team ready and briefed when any new assignment comes through.
- Advertising agencies are considered more successful when they show success in growing their current clients’ businesses. Our team is happiest when brands keep us around and are pleased with our performance, leading to our best work.
At the end of the day, it is not only helpful to hire an agency based on a time-savings perspective, but it is a decision that can save you a lot of money.
We encourage you to rethink the traditional model of an agency-client relationship and consider creating a strategy based on your specific situation in order to ultimately increase your revenue.